Forum

DUATHLON: Leppin Offroad Series
Show Profile  caidPosted: 22 May 2007, 2:40 PM  
Has anyone out there done the 10K Leppin Offroad course(s) before?

I've been doing some 10K road races in the past few months (beginners stuff! Run Auckland, Solid Energy 10K, Devonport Classic etc) finishing in around 50-60mins depending on the terrain, but I'd be keen to get into some offroad running. Just wondering how tough the Leppin series is for a first-timer?

Any other beginners who'd be interested in giving it a go too?

Show Profile  KeithPosted: 28 May 2007, 11:27 AM  
Hiya
Looking to do the Leppin Series myself for the first time, had a couple of friends do the longer 20k runs last year and they really enjoyed them. I'll be starting with the mid-distance 11-16k hoping to do the longer ones for the last couple. I hear the courses aren't too bad, bit of beach and/or walking tracks through the Waitaks. Should be good conditions with the dry weather we've been having.

Guess you've seen this link?
http://www.totalsport.co.nz/events/offroad/index.php

Show Profile  SJGPosted: 18 July 2007, 8:04 PM  

Show Profile  SJGPosted: 18 July 2007, 8:06 PM  
Completed the first event at Muriwai in June. 14km approx, not a bad run, if you can run 10k and still have a bit of fuel left in the tank you'll be fine..

Show Profile  TraceyPosted: 19 February 2008, 12:20 PM  
Hi there I did the leppin series short course for the first time last year. Each event was brillant it had a bit of everything for everyone and it is so well organised. My favourite was stillwater there was lots of mud, and the most awesome views this was my first ever off road event and I am going back again this year loved it!!

Show Profile  TraceyPosted: 19 May 2008, 8:38 AM  
Did the first xterra run of the season yesterday (formerly called leppin series) not disappointed great run through the riverhead hills undulating and great scenery. Look forward to hunua in June!!

This topic is closed.

© 2017 MJ Media     Terms and Conditions     Advertising     Contact     endurancesport.co.nz